On Tuesday March 26, 2019, the County of Los Angeles Board of Supervisors passed amendments to strengthen the County's Ordinance on smoke-free environments and close loopholes where smoking is permitted. These changes affect places where smoking is prohibited at County facilities, at Outdoor Dining Establishments and around Mobile Food Establishments that operate in unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County.
For more information about where smoking is prohibited at County facilities, please see the following fact sheet
The following changes affect businesses that operate in Unincorporated Los Angeles County:
- Prohibit smoking within 25 feet of any outdoor area of an eating establishment or bar set aside for use by patrons; and,
- Prohibit smoking within 40 feet of any mobile food or temporary food facility, including trucks and carts that serve food to patrons.
- Small mobile food facilities (i.e. food carts and farmers market vendors) can download a sign here.
- Large mobile food facilities(i.e. food truck) can download a sign here.
- Dining establishments and bars can download a sign here.
Note: These signs cannot be modified or altered without consent. As required by Los Angeles County Code 11.15.040, dining and bar establishments must post printed signs at least 10 inches wide by 10 inches long, with letters at least one inch in height. The signage provided above meets these requirements.
For more information about the changes on smoke-free Dining and Mobile Food Establishments, please see the following fact sheet.
To see a copy of the Ordinance, click here.
Questions, please contact the Los Angeles County Tobacco Control and Prevention Program at 213-351-7890 or at email@example.com