Acute Communicable
Disease Control

Contact Information
County of Los Angeles
Department of Public Health
Acute Communicable Disease Control
313 N. Figueroa Street, #212
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone: (213) 240-7941
Fax: (213) 482-4856

Call 211 For Information 24/7

Have questions about things like where to go for vaccinations or other health care services?

Call 2-1-1.

Adobe Reader

Note: PDF documents on this site were created using Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or later. If you are using an earlier version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (4.x or less), document functionality may be reduced.
Acute Communicable Disease Control
Information for the Public

Travel Frequently Asked Questions

What are the most common diseases in Los Angeles?

What shots do my kids need?

Who is required to report a communicable disease?
  • Medical doctors, osteopaths, veterinarians, podiatrists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, nurse midwives, infection control practitioners, medical examiners, coroners, dentists, and administrators of health facilities and clinics knowing of a case or suspected case of a communicable disease are required to report it to the local health department (CCR, Title 17, Section 2500). In addition, anyone in charge of a public or private school, kindergarten, boarding school, or preschool also is required to report these diseases (Section 2508). Laboratories are required to report certain communicable diseases (Section 2505).
  • Back to Top

Who else might report a communicable disease?
  • Pharmacists, Animal/Vector Control staff, Emergency Medical personnel, etc. Private citizens are required to report suspected foodborne illnesses, even if they have not sought medical attention or had a true diagnosis. Please call the Morbidity/CD Reporting Unit at (213) 240-7941.
  • Back to Top

How do I report a complaint (e.g., foodborne illness, restaurant problem)?

What are some food safety tips?
Los Angeles County Seal: Enriching lives through effective and caring services