Annual Invoicing Has Been Deferred Until September 30, 2021
Invoices for FY21-22 health permit/license will be mailed with an invoice due date of September 30, 2021. If you do not receive an invoice by the end of August, please contact Permits & Licensing at 888-700-9995 for a copy of your invoice. To pay permits online click here.
Any past due amounts for the prior year are due and payable immediately. Operating without a current Public Health Permit/License is a violation of the Los Angeles County Code.
For more information, please call (888) 700-9995
Pay by Credit/Debit Card, Electronic Check
Customers are now able to pay for their Public Health Permits and/or Licenses online using their Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover), Debit Card, and Electronic Check(ECheck). Please note that there is additional convenience fee charge per transaction using online payment. The convenience fee for Credit/Debit Cards is 2.22% with a $1.49 minimum. Electronic Check fees are only $0.49.
- Online payment method becomes available two days after invoice date. An error message will appear when attempts to make payment prior.
- Please have your Account ID number and the Facility ID number ready. Both are available on your most recent Billing Statement.
- Payments will only be accepted online for the total amount owed on an account.
- You will need to accept the online payment process Terms and Conditions in order to complete your payment.
- Each account/facility (i.e., Account ID number and Facility ID number) will need to be processed as a separate payment. A convenience fee per transaction will apply.
Once your online payment has been accepted, you must PRINT your receipt. This will serve as your temporary Public Health Permit and/or License. Your permanent Public Health Permit and/or License will be mailed to you within two to four weeks via U.S. Mail.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge most current version
- Safari most current version
- Chrome most current version
- Firefox most current version
Customers may make payments in person at any of Environmental Health's office locations throughout Los Angeles County or by mail. Acceptable forms of payment in-person include Cash, Check, Cashier's Check, or Money Order.
Payments will be accepted between the hours of 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Cash payments may only be in person, and in the exact amount due. Please note that we are not yet equipped to provide change for cash payments, except for the Cashier's Office at Environmental Health Headquarters in Baldwin Park. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Find an office near you:
Send your Check, Cashier's Check, or Money Order, payable to the County of Los Angeles, to:Department of Public Health
PO Box 54978
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0978
Write your Account ID number from your billing statement on your payment. Please do not send correspondence to the above address. This address is for payments only. Do not send cash. If you would like to pay in cash, please see instructions for Pay In Person section.
Please do not send payments to the above address. This address is for correspondence only. For mailing a payment, please see Pay By Mail section.